A lot of people have been using Hotmail for quite some time. People who have been using it for quite some time have faced a lot of problems when they have forgotten their password. In this article, we will be talking about the things that a person needs to do when they want to change their password if they feel somebody is hacking their password.
Steps to changing the password to a Hotmail account
- The first thing that all users need to do is simply visit the address http://account.live.com/password/change and check if you are already signed in or not. If you are not signed in simply sign in to your Hotmail account by entering the user id and the password.
- You might be asked to send a code so simply click on send the code and feed in the code sent to your registered email id or registered mobile number.
- Once this is done you will be asked to enter your current password 1st then you will be asked to enter the new password and then you will be asked to re-enter the new password.
- Once you have entered all the required data simply press enter. It is recommended for Hotmail users to change their password every 72 days.
- By following the steps written above the password of your Hotmail account will be changed. Once the password is successfully changed you can simply go to your Hotmail login and login to your account with help of the new password.
Steps to change the password on a mobile phone
Changing your Hotmail password with help of mobile phone is very much simple. All you need to do is simply follow the steps given below.
- Users need to simply open p their phone menu on the email application of their phone.
- From there users need to go to the menu option and select the more option.
- The users will be able to see the account settings option and they need to tap that.
- Then users need to go to incoming settings from account settings.
- Users now will be given the option of changing their password. Users can simply type in the new password and press text to reset their new Hotmail password.
Hacking experts are always trying to guess the password to your account and once they are able to access all the passwords to your accounts they can access all your personal details that are them in your mail. If at any point of time you feel that you are been hacked or somebody else is trying to access your Hotmail account, all you need to do is simply follow the steps that are listed above and you will be good to go.
According to Hotmail, all the Hotmail users should change their password every 72 days so that they are able to keep their mail id safe from hackers. To be safe always change your password at regular intervals to keep your account safe from being hacked by anyone.