Looking for the best security software, you should always take into account all the pros and cons before deciding on which variant fits your needs. The marketplace is abundant in security tools, and it became harder to make a choice. For that reason, to ease your search, we offer a list of top five antivirus programs that received high ratings among the users.
A comparatively young company Total AV entered the market and has already captured the attention of users. At the moment, this highly ranked antivirus is one of the leaders among other popular security software programs. If you hesitate whether to choose Total AV, you will be glad to know that there is a free version of it. Besides, even if it is a free antivirus version, you still get a set of basic protection features. Total AV is worth trying due to an affordable cost, security tools, and interface that is easy to navigate.
- Free version
- Detects and removes all the unneeded duplicates
- The affordable pricing of the packages
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Cleanup and system boost tools maintain a healthy state of your PC
- You may have installation issues with Mac edition
- Can be used for five devices only
- Web Shield works with two browsers only – Chrome and Firefox
McAfee deserves a special place in the list of the best security software programs. The users choose this antivirus because of the security tools it offers, high-quality encryption options, money-back guarantee within 30 days, and 24/7 customer support. As for the cost, it is higher than the average one. Nevertheless, McAfee’s price policy is somewhat democratic, and you can find the package that fits your financial opportunities the most.
- The installation process is very simple
- Setting can be easily changed
- High-level protection against antiviruses and malware
- Parental Control feature is available
- Real-time protection is weak
- The price is above average
- Uses a lot of your PC’s resources
PC Protect Antivirus
PC Protect Antivirus is not the most popular security software; however, one of the worthiest for sure. A bunch of anti-malware tools makes this antivirus a competitive player on the market. This software offers protection that covers all the known threats. Specifically, different Internet threats, local attacks, theft of user browsing data, vulnerabilities concerned with mobile phones, and so on. All the paid packages include VPN feature for those who value privacy and safety. Keep in mind that the cost of PC Protect is affordable as well.
- 30-day money-back guarantee included
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOs, and Android
- Does not overload your PC’s work
- User-friendly and comprehensive interface
- Strong and multiple protection
- Scanning takes some time
- Customer support is average
- VPN may be slow sometimes
If you consider Norton antivirus, you will not regret as it is a popular security solution among the users through the years. Some of the features that make this antivirus so outstanding include a set of tools, overall performance, and user-friendly design. Importantly, Norton does not offer file encryption feature, and secure web-browser is slightly weak in terms of functionality. However, the antivirus has got a list of other powerful tools and features that are enough for high-level protection. As a bonus, you would like to know that Norton VPN demonstrates excellent performance results.
- A free trial is available
- User-friendly design
- 24/7 customer support
- Powerful antivirus protection
- File storage is completely safe
- A PC may work slower because of the software
- Poor secure web-browser
ZoneAlarm is among the top five security software programs for several reasons. First of all, having the full-feature mode, you can be calm as for the safety of your devices. ZoneAlarm has got all the required features and tools to provide the gadgets with full protection. The interface of this software is user-friendly, while the installation process does not take much time. Finally, zero-day protection is a real cherry on top; the feature regularly updates data on malware. Thus, ZoneAlarm can stand against the newest threats and malware!
- Perfect operation of a firewall
- Parental control based on Net Nanny software
- Reliable spam filter
- Phishing threat feature works well
- A free trial is limited
- Lots of components have licenses from other vendors