Are you an avid gamer? Then you might already have an idea about how to use Steam for purchasing some of the games that you like. Steam is taken to be the best platform when it comes to game distribution of digital video. All thanks to the popularity that it has garnered in the last thirteen years after its launch. You should know that there are a plethora of games that you will be able to select from and buy. However, it is also possible to earn money on Steam all by yourself.
Yes, you heard it right. If you sell some of the in-game items like sell CS:GO skins, you will be able to earn money on Steam. This money is going to be added to Steam wallet. It has become possible through the Steam Community Market. The money that you get can be used for buying games from the Steam store.
Steam Community Market is actually a digital marketplace which allows the users to sell and buy items from the game along with emotes, trading cards, profile wallpapers, and various other things. The sales go through the Steam wallet and you can fund it using various payment methods. However, this is a one-way wallet and you will not be able to remove funds from it. You can just use it for purchasing games from the Steam store or some other items from the Community Marketplace. Here, the items are treated as commodities.
Here’s how you will be able to sell items on the Steam Community market.
Enable Steam Guard
You cannot sell the game items on Steam just like that. Some restrictions are maintained by the platform before you use the Steam Community Market for buying and selling things. If you have to keep someone from misusing the wallet funds of Steam illegally by securing your password, Steam makes the users use Steam Guard for about fifteen days before you are able to enjoy the benefits of the Steam Community Market. In case you have not enabled the Steam guard on the account, follow the steps given below.
- Open Steam desktop client on the computer. Thereafter, log in your account. When you are done, go to Settings given under the Steam options towards the top-left corner.
- Under the section of Account, you will find Manage Steam Guard option, click on it.
- Now, you will have two options. You can either opt for the codes of Steam Guard through email or simply make use of the app which is available for mobile devices like Android and iOS. The app has a mobile authenticator and it is here that you will get every code. Choose the option you prefer for turning on the guard.
Selling Items on Steam Community Market
After waiting for 15 days enabling the Steam Guard on the account, you have to use the Steam Community Market for selling the gaming items. All you have to do is follow the steps given below.
- When you are in the Steam Home Page, you have on Market mentioned under community. This is to be found in the main menu. Hence, you can proceed on to the Steam Community.
- If you have to start selling the items, just click on Sell an Item which is to be found on the right side of the window.
- Thereafter, you are going to be taken to the inventory that displays the list of items listed under each game. Choose the game on the basis of the item that you would like to sell. Then scroll down to find the specific item. Choose the item and just tap on Sell button located at the bottom.
- When you are done, the next menu is going to pop-up. Hence, you can choose the price of the item which you want to sell. Irrespective of the price you enter, Steam is going to charge a transaction fee. Thus, the amount you receive is going to be less than the amount which is the buyer will pay for it. To list the item for sale, just click on the option Ok, Put it up for sale.
- Now, Steam is going to ask you to confirm the item’s selling price. Just click on OK for confirming.
- Prior to the item being listed for sale, it is going to ask you to verify the process through Steam Mobile app or e-mail. If you have to confirm on the mobile app, go to the app menu and just tap on Confirmations. Now, the app will show the item which you are going to sell. Just click on the box given beside it and tap on Confirm Selected.
This is all that you have to do as a seller. Proceed on to the Steam Community to view the active listing till your product is being sold. When the item has been purchased from the Steam Community Market, the money is going to be transferred to the account of Steam Community. If you have to check the buyer, just head over to the section of Market History.
With Steam, you will not have to worry about hacked or phished accounts. Since the code is authenticated, there is less chance of the system being hacked. Steam Community Market is an excellent platform for buying, as well as selling gaming item which is difficult to secure in the game. For this, you have to use the actual money which is made available to the Steam wallet. There are some items which are listed in this platform that costs thousands of dollars. Nevertheless, it is going to depend on the item’s rarity and the game’s popularity. However, you have to keep in mind that all games do not support Steam Community. Thus, all in-game items might not be marketable. This simply means that if some item isn’t marketable, you will not be able to sell or buy it from the Steam Community Market. In the inventory, these items are market unmarketable and do not contain a sell button.